Hi! It’s been a while. I started a new job in January and then another new job in June. My days have been blurring together meeting new people and learning my roles within both organizations. But I have been crafting too.
I’m married and share a bed with my husband. My husband sweats in the middle of winter sleeping in his underwear, and I wear a toque, gloves, wool socks and long underwear and am still cold. This poses a little issue for us. How do we share a blanket?
I knit this 10 stitch blanket to solve my problem. It’s a blanket only for me which is a wool blend and goes only on my side.
My kids are both into Beyblades, which are essentially spinning tops. They play them at recess and apparently gloves or mittens get in the way of the fun. My youngest asked if he could cut the tops off his mittens. Instead of that very creative option I have made him finger-less gloves.
• On the first day of Christmas my true loves made for me, an Ornament Wreath.
• On the second day of Christmas my true loves made with me, Hot Chocolate Mugs.
• On the third day of Christmas my true love made for me, Plum Wine.
• On the fourth day of Christmas my mom made for me, A Nativity Scene.
• On the fifth day of Christmas a random stranger made for me, Cotton Candy Chemo Cap.
• On the sixth day of Christmas my true loves made for me, Spontaneous Snowmen
• On the seventh day of Christmas my true love made for me, Tiny Knit Scarf Ornaments
• On the eighth day of Christmas my little loves made for me, Reindeer Balls.
• On the ninth day of Christmas my little loves made with me, Dentist approved cookies.
• On the tenth day of Christmas my true love made for me…
Finger-less Beyblade Gloves.
Want to make these too? I got the pattern here.
October is the month that the wool socks come out. I don’t like wearing socks, I am convinced that it’s genetic. My dad has gone so far as buying a place in Florida so that he doesn’t have to wear socks year round. I don’t blame him. My youngest doesn’t like socks either, he wears them only when leaving the house and even that varies. We got to preschool the other day and he was wearing one lonely sock. His version of a compromise I am sure.
Continue reading →
Today is the first day of fall and the first day of knitting season. I don’t know about you but I take a hiatus from yarn based projects during the warm weather. But now that its getting chilly outside I am motivated to make things that keep me warm. I was digging in the craft closet and came out with a whole box of sock yarn, which should keep me busy for a long time.
Continue reading →
My feet are always cold. Even when I am wearing socks my feet are cold sometimes. It’s grey rainy and cold here so I can think of nothing better than colourful wool socks to keep my feet warm. It took me a few weeks to make these. I knit when I watch TV or lectures for school and occasionally when I am out and about. The time invested is totally worth it, as long as I don’t accidentally shrink them in the wash.
These aren’t exactly matching but they are from the same yarn. Matchy, matchy is totally overrated. I think the pattern adds to the fun. I am sure that my sister who never wears matching socks would approve!