Our Christmas tree is decorated in ornaments that were given to me when I was a child, some were made and some were bought. Each year I received at least one ornament, and now as an adult (up for debate most days) I have a tree full of ornaments with special meaning.
I have continued to add to the decorations by making one ornament for each of the kids. This year I made them tiny knit scarves in a ball. I saw them on Pinterest and thought they were cute. My husband is questioning my design savvy after seeing the finished product. They do look slightly nicer in real life, but I am siding with him on this one. But you know what, if my kids look at them in 20 years and say I wonder what mommy was thinking when she made these, that’s good enough for me.
- On the first day of Christmas my true loves made for me, an Ornament Wreath.
- On the second day of Christmas my true loves made with me, Hot Chocolate Mugs.
- On the third day of Christmas my true love made for me, Plum Wine.
- On the fourth day of Christmas my mom made for me, A Nativity Scene.
- On the fifth day of Christmas a random stranger made for me, Cotton Candy Chemo Cap.
- On the sixth day of Christmas my true loves made for me, Spontaneous Snowmen.
On the seventhth day of Christmas my true love made for me…..
Tiny Knit Scarf Ornaments.
I love them! They tell a story and capture a memory. The boys will forever cherish and appreciate all that you have dedicated to this tradition. Memories are a wonderful gift!
Thank you! Yes memories are a wonderful gift. 😊