I was making a craft today when my five year old asked if he could have a clear ornament ball which I was planning on using for my project.
He was very excited, and told me he was going to make the ball into a snowman with eyes, a smile and buttons. And he was going to sign his name. He got out the permanent markers and got to work.
When he was finished I suggested that we fill it with snow which like all the other materials, I had on hand. He was sceptical. I got out a jar of snow and got to work filling it up. He proceeded to show my other son and husband his masterpiece, which prompted the making of a second snowman.
- On the first day of Christmas my true loves made for me, an Ornament Wreath.
- On the second day of Christmas my true loves made with me, Hot Chocolate Mugs.
- On the third day of Christmas my true love made for me, Plum Wine.
- On the fourth day of Christmas my mom made for me, A Nativity Scene.
- On the fifth day of Christmas a random stranger made for me, Cotton Candy Chemo Cap.
On the sixth day of Christmas my true loves made…..
Want to make your own snowmen? You will need clear plastic ornament balls, permanent markers, ribbon and powdered snow.
Start by drawing a snowman face on the ornament with permanent markers. Remove the hanger, fill with powdered snow and reconnect the hanger. Tie ribbon to hang.
So easy a five year old could design and execute it on his own.
4 thoughts on “Christmas Crafts – Day 6”