This blog began as a 12 days of Christmas Crafting blog, which has morphed over the years to incorporate whatever was going on in my life. I have kept up the 12 days of Christmas crafting for quite a few years, and am going to attempt it again.
Let’s kick it off with the first day of Christmas. On the first day of Christmas my true love made for me….
A sparkly wreath. Who doesn’t love a little sparkle and glitter? I got the ornaments, and silver ribbon at the end of the year last year in a grab bag. I think I paid $4.00, and got piles of craft junk, including all of the balls, and the ribbon. The only other material required was a metal coat hanger.
Want to make one?
- separate the ends of the hanger
- form the hanger into a circle with pliers – a shape resembling a circle is fine, it will be covered by balls
- fold one end of the hanger into a loop. This will stop the balls from falling off when you feed them on the wire. The loop is also used to connect the other end of the coat hanger when you are finished
- feed the balls on
- close the wreath by sticking the straight end of coat hanger through the loop and using pliers flatten the closure
- loop ribbon around and hang