When my son’s school put out a request for silent auction items, or cakes for a raffle to raise money for the school I was debating for weeks as to what I should make. What I finally decided to make was a “Cheeseburger in Paradise” cake, I hope that there is at least one reader that will get the parrot head reference. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBsPZV14I-k
A while back I made cupcake sliders which were the inspiration for this larger version.
Notes about the burger cake:
- I used a devil’s food cake mix for the patty
- Vanilla cake mix for the bun
- Baked 3 cakes using a 8″ cake pan
- Sprinkled the sesame seeds on the bun just before i took it out of the oven
- Pickles, onions and cheese are all made of white fondant mixed with food colouring
- Relish is coconut with green food colouring
- Ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise are all icing with food colouring
Jimmy buffet would be so proud! Nice job. Hope the fundraiser was a success.
Sent from my iPad