The kids and I usually make a gingerbread house from a kit around Christmas. The goal isn’t about the baking, it’s about the decorating and spending time together creating something.
This year my son mentioned seeing a train gingerbread kit that he would like to make. So I went to the store he thought he saw it in and there was none to be found. I then asked my husband to pick a gingerbread house kit up at the grocery store but he decided not to get one because in his words “we usually end up throwing most of it away anyway”. I do agree but as I mentioned it’s not about the gingerbread, it’s about the time spent together.
Now it’s 2 days before Christmas and after going to 4 stores in search of a gingerbread house or train, or anything gingerbread like we ended up with a cookie decorating kit.
The cookies are hard as rocks because I ate one, just to test it out. Let’s hope none of us have a dental emergency in the next week as a result.
- On the first day of Christmas my true loves made for me, an Ornament Wreath.
- On the second day of Christmas my true loves made with me, Hot Chocolate Mugs.
- On the third day of Christmas my true love made for me, Plum Wine.
- On the fourth day of Christmas my mom made for me, A Nativity Scene.
- On the fifth day of Christmas a random stranger made for me, Cotton Candy Chemo Cap.
- On the sixth day of Christmas my true loves made for me, Spontaneous Snowmen
- On the seventh day of Christmas my true love made for me, Tiny Knit Scarf Ornaments
- On the eighth day of Christmas my little loves made for me, Reindeer Balls.
- On the ninth day of Christmas my little loves made with me….
Dentist Approved Cookies.
If you want to make these too, good luck! Hopefully you find a kit in fewer than four stores.